Monday, June 28, 2010

Home: The Land of Enchantment

"I never realize how much I like being home unless I've been somewhere really different for a while." 
- Juno 

One of my favorite things about traveling is coming home.

http://uscharityfundraising.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/AlbuquerqueCE_-_LogoPic1.11134855_std.jpg

Matt and I had the opportunity to go to Vancouver and Seattle this weekend. (Photos to come!) We had a great time, saw some beautiful country and had some yummy food, but I was so happy to come home.

New Mexico has been my home pretty much all my life and until recently I have always taken it for grant it. I used to dream about all the pretty places I would live when I grew up; big busy cities with a lot of tall green trees. I went to a place just like that this weekend and although, I enjoyed being there, I couldn't wait to get back to my home in the desert.  Being away makes me realize how much I love this place and how proud I should be to call it home. The beauty of God's creation is so evident here and I have been blessed with eyes to see it.

So, this week I am going to try not to complain about the heat or the traffic. Instead, I'm going to take it all in; the beauty that surrounds me and remember that there is a creator who knows my heart and has placed me in a place where the sun is almost always shinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Comments are like long-distance hugs" - Quote from a friend and I totally agree :)