Monday, June 7, 2010

1 of 31 Flavors: Rocky Road

In celebration of a birthday, a wedding anniversary and a new job, Matt and I joined my Sister and Brother-in-law for a late night ice cream run this weekend. This is a treat in both households and we girls weren't about to let the opportunity pass us by. We didn't drop the subject until we were in the car and on our way.


Before making a decision, we took advantage of the cute little pink spoons and tasted Jamoca, Cookies and Cream and others. My Sister-in-law, Morgan, who loves anything coconut went with an interesting combination of coconut ice cream with caramel on top. Not feeling quite as adventurous, I went with an old favorite, Rocky Road (the first of 31 flavors to try on my 101 in 1001 list) on a sugar cone.

Although I enjoyed the chocolate yumminess very much, it didn't hold up to my favorite combination of chocolate, marsh mellows and walnuts at Cold Stone Creamery. I'd give it a rating of "Just Ok" for it's insufficient amount marsh mellows.

Do you have a favorite ingredient to mix in your ice cream?

5 comments:

Jessica Lynn said...

Congratulations on all the exciting things in your life! And I love your goal of trying 31 flavors - that's awesome!

I'm definitely partial to Cold Stone, though!

cody and carrie said...

mmm...now i am craving some ice cream with marshmallows! i will need to find a recipe for my ice cream maker and make us some!

Emilie S. said...

My absolute favorite ice cream isn't ice cream at all. It's sherbet! Rainbow sherbet from Baskin Robins. Sometimes, I go and buy three or four quarts of it!

Alely said...

my favorite is the jamoca almond fudge! yummy goodness!

Pauline Wiles said...

Coconut sounds great, but I'm usually won over by anything chocolate-y.

Post a Comment

"Comments are like long-distance hugs" - Quote from a friend and I totally agree :)