Monday, July 1, 2013

37 Weeks: Full Term!

As of yesterday, I am 37 weeks pregnant. We are officially full term which means that little Baby D can come whenever he or she is ready. 

We attempted to celebrate the big day by playing hooky from church and going on a family picnic in the mountains only to find out, after driving all the way up there, that the forest was closed. After several failed attempts at accessing anything that resembled a picnic area, we decided to head home, grab our suites and hit the pool.


Addy didn't seem to mind the change of plans at all and enjoyed watching the cars go by as she ate her granola bar on the side of the road. She even said "This is fun!"

Even though our plans didn't work out, we ended up having a great day of fun in the sun and came home beat! 

Addy and Baby Everett by the pool. She is going to be a great big sister!

After a much needed nap time, all three of us got the nesting bug. Matt got out boxes of baby stuff that we had been storing in the garage, washed the car seat and set up the pac n play. I washed all the baby blankets and little mint green, gender neutral onesies from when Addy was born and Addy "tested" all the baby toys. 

I think it's safe to say that we are officially ready for baby!

We are also officially in the "waiting for baby" phase of pregnancy. After getting out all of our baby stuff, I found it a little hard to sleep last night, thinking about the little one coming soon and I was certain that almost every little pain I felt could be the onset of labor.

Although I would love to meet him or her sooner rather than later, we have a date night planned on Wednesday that I would really like to make it to. And then there's the 4th of July, which I'm looking forward to celebrating with friends. So, if I were in control, which we all know I'm not (thank goodness!), I would have the baby come this Saturday while Matt is home and my Mom is hopefully here. Doesn't that sound ideal?

Coffee date with my little lady on our way to the grocery store. I don't know how many more of these we will have before the baby comes so we're taking every opportunity we have.

Last week, I felt better than I have in a while but I'm moving pretty slow this week. Prayers for strength and endurance during these final weeks would be appreciated. Thankfully God is in control of this whole process and I'm finding more and more these days that all I really need to do is rest in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Comments are like long-distance hugs" - Quote from a friend and I totally agree :)