Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Post for Monica


This picture on my desktop was a surprise when I opened my computer at work Monday morning. My initial reaction was a huge smile and then I realized why Lucy and Ethel looked so glum. I looked over at the empty desk sitting next to me and remembered that it didn't belong to my Lucy anymore.

My friend and co-worker Monica, moved to Texas this weekend. Even though I'm super excited for her and the adventure she has set out on, I'm really sad to loose an awesome office mate and an even better friend.


I have been truly blessed to get to share an office with Monica for the past year. We have had some great times, planning our first Grand Opening and blitz, keeping each other sane during chaotic times and laughing so hard our stomachs hurt. With all our schemes and giggles, we were dubbed the names Lucy and Ethel. Or maybe we gave ourselves those names? I can't remember.

What a great experience working with her has been. She is one of the most loving, generous people I know, with the most contagious laugh. People came out of the wood work to tell her goodbye when they heard she was moving. That's how much people love her. She even gave me a bouquet of flowers on her last day. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

Monica, it has been my pleasure working with you this last year and I am proud to call you my friend. I hope you find someone to laugh with out there somewhere in the heart of Texas but, know that you will be missed her in the 505. - Your friend, Katie (a.k.a Ethel)

1 comment:

jozen said...

what a sweet sweet post! good luck to your lovely friend :)

Post a Comment

"Comments are like long-distance hugs" - Quote from a friend and I totally agree :)