Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Addy's First Christmas

Christmas 2011 was a big one. Not only was it Addy's very first Christmas but it was also the first Christmas in our new house and our first time to host Christmas dinner!

Originally, my parents had planned on coming up Friday to spend the weekend with us, but they got snowed in! The road from Las Cruces to Albuquerque was closed and it continued to snow almost the entire day in Cruces. If you are from anywhere near New Mexico, you might know that this NEVER happens! Only a couple hundred miles north, we were enjoying one of the sunniest days we'd had in weeks and my parents were snowed in.  So, instead of going to see the River of Lights, we dressed Addy in her Santa suite and went out for Indian food.... and painted our entire bedroom. (Photos to come!)

My parents were able to make it up Christmas Eve and joined us for the Christmas Eve service followed by a little get together at Matt's parent's house.


 Showing off her new Jacket and hat from Grandma.

Christmas Eve at my in-laws. You can't tell in the picture but that's a ginormous, 12 foot tree that my Mother-in-law surprised us all with. Also, my shirt has a reindeer on it... cute right?

On Christmas morning we woke up and found that Santa came and left Addy with her first top tooth! Poor thing was super snuggly that morning and not quite herself the whole day.


Those cute pj's were a gift from Matt who re-created one of my family's traditions of getting new pajamas on Christmas Eve. Momma got a pair too.

Side note: In a previous post I might have referred to Matt as a wanna-be Grinch. I am going to have to retract that statement. He's not a Grinch at all.


These cute little bath animals were another gift from Grandma and the one of her favorites. She carried one in each hand all day long.

Christmas!!!!!!!!

My brother and sister-law weren't able to make it down to Albuquerque this year. They were missed but we were able to skype them for a while. Addy opened her gift and showed off her mad peek-a-boo skills.


Boo!
(I don't know why this picture won't get any bigger. I've had some technical difficulties today)


Your first Christmas is pretty stressful and even more so when you're teething. Snuggling with Grandpa makes it better.


See, all better.


I gave a lot of handmade gifts this year and everyone was such a good sport about it. My parents even said they were hoping to get one of my crocheted beanies. My Dad was pretty excited about his as you can see.


Christmas Playtime


Matt's family joined us Christmas night and Addy got to open another round of gifts. This teddy bear used to be Matt's and now it's Addy's. Such a sweet gift from Grandma Ree!


Cousin Cater came over too. Addy tried to help him open his gifts.

He's such a handsome little man.


Well, I'm pooped! It was a fun filled weekend and I haven't even told you about our Cajun Christmas dinner. You'll have to come back tomorrow for that post. :)

1 comment:

... said...

Addy is so darling in her PJS and Christmas wear! :) Yay for a first Christmas!

Post a Comment

"Comments are like long-distance hugs" - Quote from a friend and I totally agree :)