Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Time at the Danner's

I am just loving our house this time of year. 

Our Christmas decorations might not be magazine worthy, but I like them and Matt puts up with them for the Christmas season. And since the Christmas season seems to go by so quickly I thought I would take some time to document what our house looks like this year. 


I love having a fireplace this time of year.


I finally got around to making our stockings this year. We took a little trip to hobby lobby and we each picked our own fabric, then I stitched them together. 



There's a bunch of love under that tree. Looks like our gift exchange is going to be fun one this year.


Some of my favorite ornaments: 
The chef from the Muppets was a gift from Mat // Addy's first Christmas was last year and I love the picture of her in that ornament // Addy's hand print from last year // the view of our tree from my favorite spot on the couch. 


The little elf on the ladder is a hand-me-down from Matt's parents and I love how old it is  // Since Addy is obsessed with trains this year, I bought a train for her to put on the tree // The Alaskan totem pole was a souvenir from our honeymoon // the airplane was another hand-me-down from my in-laws and I think it's great.


Getting the mail has been a lot more exciting this time of year, with all the sweet Christmas cards waiting to be opened. I hang most of them on a piece of ribbon with clothes pins and then set some on the table. How do you display your holiday cards?


I was never meant to be a teacher because I have no skills when it comes to writing on the chalkboard, but I love having a place to display the lyrics from my favorite Christmas song.

"A thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices."

So that's the end of the tour. I'm hoping to slowly add to our decorations in the upcoming years, but for now, I think what we have is just great!

What's your favorite Christmas decoration?

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Comments are like long-distance hugs" - Quote from a friend and I totally agree :)