Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Addy-isms

Addy turned two last month and hasn't stopped talking since.

Spinning!

I've been keeping a little on going list of some funny things she says; little Addy-isms that make Matt and I smile. (I'm pretty sure I stole that term from a friend's blog but I'm not sure who, sorry)

"Oh! Oh! I, I know! Oh I know!" (Said with pointer finger in the air)

Only Dada is going outside today because it's cold and Dada is big and strong.
"I big, strong. I two."

"I know Carcar is."
Where is he? Is he at his house?
"No, Addy's house."

She slept in until 8:45 the other day and when she woke up she told me:
"I had good nap"

When she didn't finish her corn and I started eating it she said with a smirk on her face:
"Momma eat mys lunch. Silly Momma"

After our trip to the zoo a couple of weeks ago, she hasn't stopped talking about the Tiger who happened to be sleeping while we were there.
"Tiger wake up, play ball!"

"Two, three, eight, nine, ten, now I know mys ABC's next time sing with me! Yeah!"

"Momma, Momma, Momma! Momma! Jo-Jo, Jo-Jo."

"I call Shae on phone. Hello, where aw you? Shae at church Momma."

"You wuv me Dada?"

She's gotten in the habit of putting "Momma" at the end of almost every phrase. Yesterday, she asked Matt,
"Where Momma go, Momma?"

Since she's started talking more, it seems like she's been so much happier. It's amazing how the ability to communicate can totally change your attitude.

In other Addy news, we gave potty training another go last week. After five days and pretty much zero success, we decided to put it on hold for another month or so. Poor thing tried so hard and just didn't get it.

Potty training is hard.

Other than the potty training hurdle, Adelyne is doing really well. She's become a little sponge, learning something new everyday. We were a little concerned at her two year check up when we found out she dropped off her growth chart but after a couple weeks of laxatives, she's pooping more regularly and her appetite has increased. (Sorry for the poop reference but that was a big part of our lives for a couple of weeks). 

Even with the new challenge of discipline that comes with her growing up and the stress of potty training, we've really been enjoying the past couple months with our little two year old and looking forward to our family growing. Based on the way she treats her stuffed animals, I think she's going to be a great big sister.

"Here you go Baby Bear"

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Comments are like long-distance hugs" - Quote from a friend and I totally agree :)