Friday, January 13, 2012

Lunch with Addy

My New Year's resolution this year was to slow down and stop trying to pack a million things into one day. So far, I am proud to say, that I've kept it up and I've actually been enjoying my days more. It's funny how you can feel more fulfilled at the end of the day when you do less. 

In slowing down I've been able to give more attention to Addy. We've started having lunch together this week and I can't speak for her, but I think it's super fun. 

Addy has never been a big eater. She's small for her age and we've tried several things to fatten her up. Recently, we've been giving her bottles with more kilo calories which she guzzles down but I think that's caused her not to be interested in other foods. I think. Or it could be teething, or my bad cooking, or just a plain ol' bad attitude. Who knows really.

So, I've been experimenting with finger foods. She mostly just plays with the pasta, apples and pinto beans I've made for her BUT I have noticed that she eats better when I sit down and eat my food in front of her. To see her eat anything makes this momma so happy! 


We've had to make some adjustments in our schedule to accommodate our joined lunch. She's a slow eater but that's OK because I don't have anywhere to be and I look forward to lunch with Addy.

2 comments:

CAM said...

Aww.. that is so cool! I bet lunch together is really fun and I think your new year's resolution is a perfect one... especially with how fast babies grow up.

... said...

Aw I love your lunch dates! :) She just wants to be like her awesome mama!

Post a Comment

"Comments are like long-distance hugs" - Quote from a friend and I totally agree :)