Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Aunts and Cousins


So, if my cousin has a baby girl does that make me her second cousin? And if I have a baby does that make them second cousins or great cousins?

Those were the big questions this past week when Addy got to meet my cousin Jamie for the first time. We realized that we hadn't seen each other in over a year! She moved all the way across the country and my trip to visit was canceled when I got pregnant.

Random fact: I found out I was pregnant on her birthday a year ago.

So while she spent a year on the East Coast, I was back home getting fat and giving birth. Sadly she was never able to see me in all my pregnant glory but she spent a day in the 505 last week and it was so good to see her.

As an extra special treat she brought with her, her mom (my aunt) and her niece (my?).  I just love spending time with family. It's so easy. There's no pressure to impress because they've seen you at your worst. (Jamie was there to comfort me the morning of my wedding when I couldn't stop crying from pure exhaustion.)

Our day together was nothing special but it was so enjoyable. We drank coffee, my Aunt helped me paint my house and Jamie and the girls watched movies and played on the floor.

I was sad to see them go. 

Welcome back to the Southwest, Cousin Jamie! You were missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Comments are like long-distance hugs" - Quote from a friend and I totally agree :)