Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Beach!

Linking up again with Gussy Sews!

I've lived in the desert my whole life but it seems that every summer is hotter than the last. This summer seems especially hot with a little one to keep cool. Going out in the middle of the day is no longer an option, which means we've spent a lot of time indoors this summer. Our new favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon is lounge by my in-laws pool, but I've been dreaming of the beach.

I'm a big fan of the beach and I'm a sucker for cheesy beach-loving songs. 
For this post I dug up some family vacay photos and the lyrics to my favorite Kenny Chesney and Zac Brown Band songs. Enjoy!


I've been dreaming about a "towel on a chair on the sand by the sea..."


"I want to look through my shades and see you there with me..."


"I want to soak up life for awhile, lay back and moan."


 "Been wishin' I were knee deep in the water somewhere..."


"Only worry in the world, is the tide gonna reach my chair?"


"Gonna put the world away for a minute, pretend I don't live in it..."


"Sunshine gonna wash my blues away."


"Not a worry in the world...
Life is good today."




I just had to share this photo from the winner of Pioneer Woman's latest photo contest. Can you believe this was taken with a cell phone?

Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

1 comment:

Shelly Tutt said...

Love this post!
Now I wish I was lying on the beach somewhere beautiful like this!
Stopping by from Gussy Sews!
Shelly xo

Post a Comment

"Comments are like long-distance hugs" - Quote from a friend and I totally agree :)