Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Strong in my Weakness

Addy and I had a rough start this morning. Someone didn't want to eat their breakfast. There was a lot of crying, a lot of screaming and a lot of frustration from both parties. After 45 minutes and only two bites of yogurt, Addy went to bed for an early morning nap. 

I was discouraged and tired and it was only 8:30 in the a.m. 

Unfortunately, Addy's attitude hadn't changed after her nap, she was whiny and grumpy the rest of the day and didn't take as long of an afternoon nap as I have come to count on. So, we headed out to Starbucks with her crying most of the way.

When we got home, I decided some blanket time was in order and as I set there sipping my Starbucks and watching Addy out of the corner of my eye, I suddenly got my second wind. She's just so cute when she's playing by herself and I love watching her explore the little world around her. She leans back on the pillows and if she spots me looking at her, she gives me a big smile and then goes on playing. You can't stay frustrated with this little girl. She's just too sweet and I'm praying that she keeps that sweet demeanor for a long, long time.

The best thing about today wasn't the large iced coffee I purchased but me realizing how in equipped I really am. Today might have been the first time I earnestly prayed for wisdom and strength in a while. I've just begun this journey of Motherhood and I can see that I am going to need a lot of help. I need to spend more time in the word so that on days like today, I can recite verses like Proverbs 22:6 to myself. 

As our pastor said this Sunday:"Parents need to know Bible." And I need to know more than I do but thank goodness that God is gracious and strong in the midst of my weakness.

"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 
2 Corinthians 12:9


1 comment:

Jessica Lynn said...

This is a great post and something you don't see too often, especially in blog land. I applaud you for not only finding strength in your weakness, but setting your pride aside and sharing it. I especially love that verse and I'm happy it helped you. It's a good reminder—not just for parents—to know the Word more. thanks, Katie!

Post a Comment

"Comments are like long-distance hugs" - Quote from a friend and I totally agree :)