Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Addy Says "Hi!" and a Few Other Words



Yesterday, I opened the car door to get Addy out of her car seat, she looked up at me and said "Hi!" I'm not sure if it was the first time she said it, but it was so cute and very clear. It made me think about the other words she says. At 16 months, she doesn't have a long list of words but we're able to communicate pretty well and it seems like she is learning a new word every week. Matt laughs and says it's like we have our own little language, which makes me smile. I love that I am the one around her all day and that I understand better than anyone what she's trying to communicate. Don't get me wrong though, most of the time, I have no idea what she's saying. I'm sure it's probably more frustrating for her than it is for me, but I'm enjoying watching her learn. So, here's a list of words we think Addy says on a regular basis: 

"Hi!" 
"Wallwas" - All done
"Da-da" - Da-da, Dog and Duck
"Da!" - Dog or Duck
"Ball"
"Ba" - Bear
"Momma"
"Ba-ba" - Bottle
"Ooge!" - George (The Curious one)
"Mmm" - I'm pretty sure this means Cow, or Moo, which is what a cow says.
"Peez" - Please, this one is rare. She learned to sign please, her own version, pretty early on but has since stopped doing it. So, when we tell her to say please, she either kind of says it, or reaches for my hand so I can help her sign it. 
"Eyes"



I've probably said this before, but this stage is so much fun. 

P.S. Check out Addy's cute 4th of July outfit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Comments are like long-distance hugs" - Quote from a friend and I totally agree :)