Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Girl, She's a Changing

Over the past few weeks, it seems that Addy has been changing at rapid speed. I keep telling myself that I need to document it, that I need to write down all the new, silly things she does everyday but it's just happening too fast. 

Last week, she got her very first big girl haircut at Jungle Cuts (photos to come!) and we replaced her infant carrier with a big girl car seat that faces forward. I guess there's really no stopping her from growing up now!


It's crazy how life with a toddler can change from one week to the next. It was just a few weeks ago that  she only had two teeth on the bottom and had to gum her food. Now she has two molars up top and one on the bottom. She just chomps away at her food now. 



Sometimes I'm amazed by how smart she is, and how quickly she picks up on things. Like chewing, I didn't sit down and deliberately teach her how to chew, but she figured it out. (I don't think I have a baby genius on my hands; chewing is really no big deal, I'm just enthralled by the way her little mind works.)

Everyday Matt comes home to hear about a new "Addy Thing." Like how she wipes her face on the kitchen towel, just like her Daddy does or how she read to her baby dolls. And I am constantly taking videos of Addy dancing, singing, and walking on her tippy toes to send to her Grandparents. 


This stage is so fun and I can't get enough of this sweet little lady! So, if the blog seems to be over run by "Addy did this," and "Addy did that," over the next couple of months, it's because I am trying to cherish every little moment so I don't forget. And that's what blogs are for, right?


1 comment:

Day H. said...

Oh Katie, I have to say, I've been following your blog ever since little miss Addy came into this world and I have to say she is absolutely ADORABLE!!! You are so blessed.

I hope you and Matt are doing well. I haven't seen either of you since we all graduated last year! My how time flies.

Anyway, you totally make me have mommy envy (and this is coming from someone who swore up and down that I never wanted to have kids EVER). Your posts bring sunshine to my day often. Thanks for that.

-Day

Post a Comment

"Comments are like long-distance hugs" - Quote from a friend and I totally agree :)