Well Matt, I totally blew it this Father's Day; no gifts, no card, not even a nice breakfast. I'd like to play the pregnancy card here but I think I've used it as an excuse a few too many times lately. Will you settle for a public apology and a public profession of love instead?
I have to start off by saying that you didn't ask for either of these things and you even told me that a relaxing morning in the backyard was better than any gift. That's just another reason why you rock but I would hate for a Father's Day, or even a day, to pass by without you feeling loved and knowing how much Addy and I appreciate you.
Thank you for being a loving patient husband and an awesome father. There's a reason why Addy talks about you while you're gone and screams bloody murder when she has to take a nap and would rather play "castle" with you.
So with that said, here's a little list of why we love you:
1. You've done the grocery shopping two weeks in a row which has given me a nice break
2. Every time I complain about my body hurting, you just tell me I'm doing a good job and am almost done
3. You do a great job at "living with your wife."
4. Last night, you got the ice cream out for me before I asked.
5. I love going to church with you and living that part of our life together too.
Happy Belated Father's Day, I love you.