Monday, September 3, 2012

Sad, But True

Matt once referred to me as an 85 year old stuck in a 27 year old's body and it seems like everyday I find more things that make that statement, sad but very true; such as my new love for the Hallmark store. 

As much as I love Target, sometimes I get tired of it. Gasp! I know, am I even allowed to say that? I go there, a lot and I tend to see the same products over and over again. And my friends go there a lot so I see Target stuff at their house and they see it at mine and then it seems to lose it's value. So, the other day when I needed a Birthday card, I decided to mix things up a bit and check out our local Hallmark Gold Crown store, which happens to be closer to my house. After my first visit, I was in love. 

The store smells delicious, like Christmas or Thanksgiving, the ladies that work there are super nice and always say something about how cute Addy is. The store is small enough and not  too crowded to where I can let Addy walk around and I don't have to hold her. Some of their items are a little pricey but they have a HUGE selection of cards and I've found some really cute ones for only a dollar. 


This funny girl will be traveling to my Grandma's via USPS today. The inside says: "Tackle it one day at a time." That was my Grandpa's saying and I'm hoping it makes her smile.

And the thing that might have hooked me, is their rewards program. I'm such a sucker for free stuff. I've been back a couple times since my first visit, trying to rack up enough points to get my free greeting card. Seriously, what has my life come to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Comments are like long-distance hugs" - Quote from a friend and I totally agree :)