Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Coffee Talk: I'm Blank Because......

Today's post was inspired by Little Miss Momma and Casey Wiegand. I've seen versions of this post around the blogosphere and I thought it would be perfect for today.

Happy Turkey Day Eve friends! The day before a holiday is always so chill. Back when I was working, these were usually the days when you took longer lunches and spent a lot more time chatting over your coffee in the morning. Nothing really ever got done and I don't really seeing anything productive happening around here today either. Today would be the perfect day for a coffee date.

Since becoming a Mom, most of my coffee dates happen at home since Starbucks isn't exactly kid friendly. If you were to came over to my house for coffee, you would be greeted by Addy peaking around the couch to see who was here. Depending on the hour, she might wave her hands in excitement or start crying as soon as you come near her. Try not to take it personally.


You may or may not notice the random swatches of paint on our living room walls and I would explain that we are in the middle of choosing another paint color since we don't like the current one.

I would offer you tea or coffee and if you chose coffee, I would make it in my new french press and then go on to tell you how much I love it. Why does it make coffee taste so much better?

After allowing the coffee to brew for 4 minutes (the magic number!) we'd then move to the living room where we'd sip our coffee on the floor, because that is really the best place to have coffee, while Addy shows off her skills by crawling all over me and possibly you. 
 
We would talk about the upcoming holidays and depending on how well I know you, I might ask about your Christmas traditions or what your favorite Thanksgiving has been. And I might tell you that:

I am weird because..
I can't sleep with socks on
Clowns freak me out
I don't like pumpkin flavored things
Reba is one of my favorite shows
I love fill blank questionnaires or any kind of "get to know" you game

I am a bad friend because...
I hate talking on the phone
I tend to only answer emails and texts in my head
I am very easily distracted

I am a good friend because.....
I value friendship
I'm a good listener
Even if it's a couple of days later, I'm really good about responding to texts and emails
I'm always looking for an opportunity to help out

I am sad because...
Not all of my family will be at the same place for the holidays
Addy's growing up

I am happy because....
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and that means we get to decorate for Christmas is 2 days!
Matt has 4 days off of work
Addy is growing up
I have the best job in the world
Everyone in our house is healthy again

I am excited for....
Addy's first Thanksgiving
Christmas Trees
Playgroup
Pictures with Santa
Homemade Gifts
Holiday Cards


I might also tell you that 
my parents were in town for two days and having them here put me in the holiday spirit,
Addy has been eating and sleeping so much better this week and it makes this momma so happy,
Matt and I are addicted to Breaking Bad, which was all filmed here in the 505,
I am feeling encouraged by verses like this found in the Psalms:

"You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; My God turns darkness into light. With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God, I can scale a wall." 
Psalm 18: 28-29

But, enough about me. What's up with you?

P.S. I have an awesome guest blogger for you tomorrow!
 

2 comments:

... said...

I love this idea of coffee talk! Ha ha I am not a big phone talker either! Have you heard of the HeyTell app? It's amazing!

Anonymous said...

I love this idea! I want in. Lets have coffee :-)

Post a Comment

"Comments are like long-distance hugs" - Quote from a friend and I totally agree :)