Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Tree Shopping

Usually, I use this blog to write about big moments in Addy's life, like her first Halloween and her First Thanksgiving. But today, I am writing about a first for all three of us; Christmas tree shopping!

You may be surprised to hear that neither Matt or I have ever gone Christmas tree shopping (at least not that we can remember). We always had a fake tree growing up and for the past three years of our married life, we've put up a cute little tree that Matt surprised me with for our first Christmas. I never knew what I was missing out on, in fact, before this year, I would have told you fake trees are the way to go. (Depending how much of a pain the clean up process is, I might say that next year too.)


This year, we wanted a bigger tree for our new house and after shopping for a fake, pre-lit tree, we decided to try a real one. We ended up buying one from Lowes but not before shopping around at a Christmas tree lot. Can you believe, this was my first time at one of these?


It turned into quite the fun little outing. I kept saying "This is so fun, I've never done this before!" and Matt would say, "Me neither!" We took pictures, bought Addy her first pair of shoes in between tree lots and stopped by Starbucks for an Eggnog Latte and Peppermint Mocha.

This photo is from a different outing, but I had to throw it in, it's too cute.

On the way home Matt said, "And you thought I was a scrooge." Clearly, I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Comments are like long-distance hugs" - Quote from a friend and I totally agree :)