Thursday, May 16, 2013

Missing Our Little Lady

I haven't seen this cute little face in three days and I'm really starting to miss it.


Miss Adelyne has been at her Grandparents' house since Monday enjoying some special time with Gran and Pappa and giving her parents a little down time. 

So, you may be wondering, what does one do with almost a week to themselves? Well, I'll tell you what this momma did.

I've done some blogging and some jogging (ha! just kidding), quilting and crocheting,

Baby Pearl's quilt is coming along!

I've watched old 80's movies and enjoyed not having a schedule,

I've spent some time in the word and I've taken pictures of myself in the mirror that freak my hubby out,

I've been able to make dinner and get dressed without a little one tugging at my leg,

I've gone to Target at 9 pm with Matt because we could and

I've looked at this picture sent from parents multiple times.


But, I haven't been cleaning up baby doll stuff, fixing little girl's hair, kissing booboos, making little lunches, playing airplane up and down the hall or giving goodnight kisses and I'm really starting to miss those things. It's just a little too quiet around here. Even this morning, Matt said he expected Addy to pop out of a corner and say "You go to work today Dada?"

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed the break, who knew you could accomplish so much in four days, and I'm thankful that Addy has wonderful grandparents (on both sides) that she loves to spend time with and who treat her like their own child. But, I'm looking forward to seeing that sweet little smile in person tomorrow.

Life in the 505 just isn't quite as fun without our little lady.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I forgot your mom told me Addy was going to stay with them! So fun! Gosh, she just gets cuter every day (if that's even possible) and you are SO good at taking selfies (is that what they are called?). Oh, and that those quilt patterns are so cute. We can't wait for baby Pearl to get here! I'm even going to bring down some a Tate's tiny baby clothes just in case Pearl is a boy... : )

Post a Comment

"Comments are like long-distance hugs" - Quote from a friend and I totally agree :)