Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Story of My Life

I'm taking the Blog Every Day in May challenge purely for my own amusement, because I like to write and these prompts will give me something besides toddlers and pregnancy to think about. There's no way I'll post everyday but I'm going to have fun writing when I can because soon there will be another little one who needs my attention and blogging time might be slim.
You can join in on the fun too. Click here for details.


If I were to tell you the story of my life in 250 words or less, it would go something like this:


I was raised in Southern New Mexico with my younger brother by two loving parents who did things the untraditional way so that we would have the best upbringing possible. They taught us the importance of loving each other, a good education and faith in Christ.

As a mom to a little lady who doesn't like to have her picture taken, I have a new appreciation for these family photos, even if half of my parent's heads are cut off.

In high school, I wasn’t the biggest nerd but I did spend most of my three years on the volleyball team sitting on the bench. I managed to make it through without facing some of the drama most girls go through in a small school and even made some life long friends. 

College was a fun time for me, I met a lot of new people including one blue eyed boy who made me laugh and asked me to be his girlfriend on Valentine's Day. We dated through three years of college, summer projects and internships and finally tied the knot two weeks after I graduated.


After the wedding, we moved up to the big city of Albuquerque. Newly married, we had our share of heartache and stress with job loses and small apartments. But the Lord was faithful in every situation and in March of 2011, our family grew from two to three.

I had big plans to continue working full time while also being a mommy but God had other plans and now I am so thankful to call myself a Full-time Momma to one energetic two year old with another one on the way.



I’ve been so blessed and I love my life in the 505.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Comments are like long-distance hugs" - Quote from a friend and I totally agree :)