Thursday, September 8, 2011

Inspiring Reads

It's time again for the Inspiration Workshop over at Gussy Sews!

Currently, I am reading 3 books: The Brethren by John Grisham, Babywise II and Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron. One for pure entertainment and the other two because I am clueless when it comes to feeding and raising my baby. Although they are good reads, (actually Super Baby Food is really boring but very informational) I wouldn't call them inspiring.

I actually don't think I've read an inspiring book in awhile. I had intentions of writing about the Help by Kathryn Stockett. I loved the book and movie and called it "inspiring" while talking about it with a friend but I'm not sure what it inspired me to do.

Lately, a lot of my inspirational reading has been in the blogosphere. I love reading what you all have to say about mommyhood, marriage and life in general. I often find myself nodding along in agreement, oohing and aahing over sweet photos and thinking "ah, that's just what I needed to hear today." 

Some of my favorite posts have come from these lovely bloggers:

Chelsea Joy with Name Your Joy
Casey Wiegand, author of the Wiegand's
Paige Knudsen who writes Simple Thoughts
Stephanie with the Honey Pot
And lastly, my friend Mandy has a blog called Everything Beautiful. She has been an inspiration to many people this last month.

I get excited when posts from these blogs show up in my Google reader and I always click on their updates first. So, if you're looking for some inspirational reading, check them out. Maybe you will find a new favorite :)
Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!


Where do you go for inspirational reading?

2 comments:

Heather @ Finding Beauty in the Ordinary said...

Thanks for the shout-out, friend! I haven't read "The Help" yet, but I've been hearing so many amazing things about it! Hope you had a great weekend :)

Amanda said...

Hey I'm a new follower - I found you from your comment on name your {joy} - love your blog!

Two blogs I LOVE to go to for encouragement are:

Biblical Homemaking: http://biblicalhomemaking.blogspot.com/
Naptime Diaries http://www.naptimediaries.com/

You might enjoy them too!

Post a Comment

"Comments are like long-distance hugs" - Quote from a friend and I totally agree :)