Monday, September 12, 2011

Random Weekend Stuff

We got our first taste of fall here in the 505 this weekend. Friday and Saturday were rather gloomy days but a welcome change from the heat we had been experiencing. I think it got everyone pretty excited for fall. I wore a new jacket I got for my Birthday all day Saturday, just because I could. 


We're about to enter that awkward time of year where it's cold in the morning and hot in the afternoon and you never how to dress. And because it's New Mexico, we'll have a couple of really warm days right after I put away my summer clothes. Maybe I should hold off on that for a little while.

Little Cat Nap Before Church

Yesterday was Baby Dedication Sunday at church. I've always loved seeing all the cute babies up front and this Sunday, ours was one of them. Addy did great, but I guess getting dedicated is a little exhausting, she crashed as soon as we got home.


After church, we enjoyed lunch with the Fam and then came home to get our DIY on. Matt finished a project he'd been working on using branches from a random bush in our backyard (the photo I took doesn't do it justice, so I won't share it) and I finished crocheting a sweater for Addy.


It's a little too small for her to wear buttoned up and she for sure won't fit in it by the time it's cold enough to wear, but I think it turned out pretty well considering it was my first time crocheting an article of clothing.

That's what we were up to this weekend. What did you do?


Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters

4 comments:

Sarah B. said...

What a fun weekend! I love the sweater you made - too cute :)

Jessica Baca said...

Oh my gosh! That sweater is so cute! I'm seriously impressed-good job!

Heather @ Finding Beauty in the Ordinary said...

I can NOT believe you made that cute little sweater-- amazing!!! I am so impressed!

Marlee said...

Oh man those pictures are just ADORABLE! They make me smile just looking at them! Great blog, am a new follower :).

http://marleeindebt.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

"Comments are like long-distance hugs" - Quote from a friend and I totally agree :)