Monday, August 15, 2011

Crocheted Paci Holder

Addy is a pacifier baby, which I am totally fine with. It helps to soothe her and although it's one more thing we will eventually have to wean her from, it's got to be easier than the thumb. During her week stint in the NICU, they gave her the Soothie brand paci and she hasn't liked any others since. We've tried to give her others that look a little better and are more proportionate to her face, but she doesn't like them. The problem with the Soothie is that I couldn't attached a paci clip/holder, so we were constantly chasing after it... until I saw this:


A crocheted paci holder! 

Perfect.

I used this tutorial to create my own and since it just requires a slip knot (I think that's what it is), it could be used on the Soothie paci too!


The best part was that it required absolutely no gluing. I hate using glue, it's so messy.


I was so pleased with the way it turned out that I was hesitant to give it to Addy. I didn't want her to mess it up! I may have to end up gluing the button on just to ensure it stays there.

If you are new to crocheting, I would totally recommend this as an easy beginners project. It's also very useful!

1 comment:

CAM said...

and VERY CUTE!!!! Love it!

Post a Comment

"Comments are like long-distance hugs" - Quote from a friend and I totally agree :)