Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Twenty Six


Today is my 26th Birthday and although it's only ten o'clock, I have a feeling it's going to be a good one.

I haven't been a big fan of Birthdays in the past but I think it's time to change my thinking on them. It seems like such a shame to take for grant it the gift of life I have received.  

My twenty-sixth year was a good one, filled with more blessings than I deserve. I received the best gift in a 6 pound, 12 ounce package six months ago and the presents have just kept coming after that.

This morning, I was able to take time to reflect on the past year, it's highs and lows. The highs have out numbered the lows. God is good and in the years to come, I want this to be the theme of my Birthdays. Instead of focusing on the number of phone calls, text messages and Facebook posts I receive, I want to spend the day in thanksgiving, not forgetting all the gifts I have received throughout the year.  

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Light."
James 1:17

So today I am thankful for a beautiful baby girl, a loving husband, supportive family (both blood and by law), sweet friends and a new house, among many other things.

A year ago today, 25 years old and 12 weeks pregnant.

I can't wait to see what God has planned for my 27th year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Comments are like long-distance hugs" - Quote from a friend and I totally agree :)