Thursday, October 20, 2011

Socks: One of my Favortie Accessories!

I'm linking up again with the Inspiration Workshop from Gussy Sews.

Who doesn't love a fun pair of socks?

Socks are one of my favorite things about the colder weather seasons. It's such a fun surprise to take off your boots and find a colorful sock underneath!

I mentioned a couple of days ago, my excitement over some cute ankle socks at Target going on clearance. I went back today and they had an even bigger selection. I might have bought a pair with cute little owls on them.

So many fun colors!

My best friend and I used to bring back socks for each other as a suvenior whenever we went somewhere cool. It was a fun tradition and we had so many fun socks from lots of fun places!



So comfy! All you need is a big cup of coffee and a good book!

One year for Christmas, all the women in our family got a pair of pink socks with the little rubber things on the bottom of them. My parents have a really fun picture somewhere of us all sitting on the couch with one foot in the air, showing off our new socks. My brother, who must have been like 3 or 4, was sitting in the middle of us girls. He got a pair of blue socks.


I've been dying to try this look, exposed socks with my boots. I'm just not sure if I could pull it off and my legs are really, really white. But isn't this super cute?



What's your favorite accessory?



Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

10 comments:

Kelli DeGrazier said...

LOVE socks! these are cute pictures!

... said...

I love warm socks! :) I actually wore tall socks to the gym the other night....people stared....why not?! :)

Heather @ Finding Beauty in the Ordinary said...

I love socks, too!! Great pics, my friend!

Sweet Floweret said...

oooh. I just bought some grey and orange knee highs to wear with my boots from forever 21. Love socks too!
www.sweetfloweret.com

Sarah B. said...

Those socks are so fun! I need some more colorful socks in my life :D

Maureen Polderman said...

Found you through Gussy Sews! I am a sock lover as well...especially thick, soft ones in the fall and winter!!

Lauren {Adventures in Flip Flops} said...

I kind of have a love affair with knee-high socks. When I'm at camp over the summer the girls always like to see what new style I have! Stopping by from Gussy!

Stephanie said...

ok. I so want to go sock shopping after reading this! :)
And you definitely need to try the socks with the boots look. It's so cute and your white legs would just make it cuter ;)

Karen (nybird) (KMello) said...

Now I'm inspired to knit a pair of cable socks...did I say pair? Not sure if I would get the second sock done! But those cable socks are wonderful.

victoria marie said...

so i agree, the white legs would definitely be ok! but...if you're really feeling uncomfortable, i've seen a lot of magazines with boots, thick exposed socks, and tights! so not only are you that much warmer, your legs would also be covered up!

Post a Comment

"Comments are like long-distance hugs" - Quote from a friend and I totally agree :)