Tuesday, October 4, 2011

This Season

I am absolutely loving this season. 

It's not the time of year that I'm talking about, although Fall is my favorite, but that's another post for another day (Thursday! wink wink).

I am loving this season of life.


I don't know if it's because we just spent a wonderful weekend together as a family or if it really is this time of year, but lately, I feel like I am high on life.


I was visiting with a lady from our Community Group on Saturday and when I asked how she was doing, she said: "Really well, this is a really good season for me." Praise God! She had a lot of health problems not too long ago and it was so great to hear her say those words after coming though a really rough season. It stuck with me for some reason.

I know that, just like fall will turn into winter, this season will change. Addy will get older, our family of three might grow (someday) and we'll go through busy seasons and trying seasons, seasons of growth and seasons of sadness. But I am sure, because God is good, that we will go through many more seasons just like this one.



Seasons change. Fall turns to winter, winter to spring, spring to summer and then we're back where we started. I think it's the same with life. My dad always says: "This too shall pass." And it's so true.

I want to really enjoy this time and remember that it won't last, but I want to have that same attitude when things aren't that great. I want to remember that it's only a season, it too shall pass and only God knows what blessings are waiting around the corner.

Linking up with Jami



6 comments:

Moments and Impressions said...

Love this post. What an adorable family and great reminder.

Susan said...

Great post. So funny too because my dad also always says, "This too shall pass." Whenever I have a hard time that saying always pops out. Gotta love dads! :)

Laura@Splendor said...

Your daughter is beautiful! Love these seasons also. God's grace is so good to give us these, they remind us that the hard ones are not impossible and that the quiet ones will come again.

Anonymous said...

So very true :) And your daughter is a-d-0-r-a-b-l-e- :)

Anonymous said...

I love her headband so much! And the tutu is just perfect. So cuuuute! :)

Anonymous said...

OMG I love these! she is soo pretty :D

Post a Comment

"Comments are like long-distance hugs" - Quote from a friend and I totally agree :)